LATEST COVID-19 DEVELOPMENTS:
* Australia has slammed shut a loophole that allowed travellers from India to dodge a flight ban by transiting through Qatar. Despite a ban on flights from India, people had still been able to travel from there to Australia via Doha.
* Labor is demanding the federal government establish purpose-built quarantine centres in each state and territory.
* Victoria's plan for a quarantine centre in Melbourne's north has been met with some openness from federal Health Minister Greg Hunt, while his colleague Peter Dutton has derided the project.
* Mr Hunt said the federal government was just learning details of the proposal but it was being considered.
* The proposed 500-bed centre on Melbourne's northern fringe, announced by the state government on Thursday, needs $200 million in federal funds, with the state chipping in $15 million for design and planning.
* Premier Mark McGowan says Western Australia will continue to use snap lockdowns to "crush and kill" coronavirus outbreaks as the state prepares to ease some restrictions.
* West Australians will be free to flock to the footy but must wear face masks under restrictions that will remain for Perth and the Peel region until 1201am on Saturday May 8.
* A passenger from Papua New Guinea who was accidentally allowed into the green zone at Brisbane Airport for two hours has tested positive for coronavirus.
AUSTRALIAN VACCINATION NUMBERS:
* There have been 2,179,544 doses administered in the national COVID-19 vaccination rollout up to Thursday, including 67,259 in the past 24 hours.
* Of the total, 1,386,487 have been administered by the Commonwealth (an increase of 67,344 in the past 24 hours).
* 1,159,553 have been issued in primary care (+42,435, and 226,934 in aged and disability facilities (+8134).
* 793,057 have been administered by the states and territories, including 16,690 in the past 24 hours.
* 206,798 have been administered in Victoria (+4292), 206,320 in NSW (+4100), 144,228 in Queensland (+2362), 96,508 in Western Australia (+2544), 57,964 in South Australia (+1322), 37,126 in Tasmania (+953), 27,853 in the ACT (+634), and 16,260 in the NT (+483).
AUSTRALIAN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Australia reported no locally acquired virus cases on Friday. There were 22 new overseas-acquired cases: Two in Victoria, 13 in NSW, three in Queensland, one in WA, two in South Australia and one in the Northern Territory.
* The national death toll is 910: Victoria 820, NSW 56, Tasmania 13, WA 9, Queensland 7, SA 4, ACT 3 (Two Queensland residents who died in NSW have been included in the official tolls of both states).
GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Cases: at least 150,532,861
* Deaths: at least 3,165,999
* Recovered: at least 87,571,113
Data current as of 1730 AEST on April 30, taking in federal and state/territory government updates and Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Centre figures.