LATEST COVID-19 DEVELOPMENTS:
* The federal government has secured an additional one million doses of the mRNA-type Moderna vaccine from European Union member states.
* The Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation is now recommending Moderna for everyone 12 years and older. The Therapeutic Goods Administration had previously given provisional approval.
* There were 1262 new locally acquired COVID-19 cases and seven deaths in NSW, as infection numbers stabilise in some local government areas of concern but accelerate in other suburbs.
* Cases of COVID-19 continue to spread across regional NSW particularly on the coasts north and south of Greater Sydney, while a handful of other regions enjoyed a second day of freedom.
* Victoria, which reported 392 cases on Sunday, will set up a series of pop-up vaccination hubs in COVID-hit areas, with an extra 400,000 Pfizer and Moderna doses now heading to the state.
* The nation's capital reported 15 new infections on Sunday, with nine of the patients in the ACT community while infectious.
* Queensland recorded no new COVID-19 cases on Sunday, again dodging a lockdown after a family of five tested positive to the virus on Saturday.
* South Australian Premier Steven Marshall has thrown his full support behind the national COVID-19 recovery plan, which sees restrictions start to ease at vaccination rates of 70 and 80 per cent. The plan has caused consternation in some states.
* All West Australians aged 12 years and over will be eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine from Monday as the state passes 1.9 million vaccinations.
* The federal government has launched a $50 million ad campaign called First Things First, to convince the 20 per cent of Australians who are reluctant to get a COVID-19 vaccination.
* Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern on Sunday announced New Zealand is buying 500,000 doses of Pfizer vaccine from Denmark, amid 20 new COVID-19 community cases.
AUSTRALIAN VACCINATION NUMBERS:
* There have been 22,669,372 doses administered in the national COVID-19 vaccination rollout up to Saturday, including 195,809 in the previous 24 hours.
* Of the total, 13,056,566 have been administered by the Commonwealth (an increase of 94,932 in the previous 24 hours).
* 9,612,806 have been administered by the states and territories, including 100,877 in the previous 24 hours.
* Nationwide, 67.45 per cent of people aged over 16 have received one vaccine dose while 42.29 per cent are fully vaccinated.
AUSTRALIAN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Australia has reported 1669 local cases: 1262 in NSW, 392 in Victoria, 15 in the ACT.
* There were also three overseas-acquired cases reported, two in South Australia and one in Western Australia.
* The national death toll is 1091: Victoria 824, NSW 233, Tasmania 13, WA 9, Queensland 7, SA 4, ACT 3. (Two Queensland residents who died in NSW have been included in the official tolls of both states).
GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Cases: at least 224,274,000.
* Deaths: at least 4,624,000.
* Vaccine doses administered: at least 5,653,477,000.
Data current as at 1730 AEST on September 12, taking in federal and state/territory government updates and Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Centre figures.