LATEST COVID-19 DEVELOPMENTS:
* The NSW government has revised the state's roadmap out of lockdown, with more people to be allowed to gather indoors and outdoors and the caps on weddings and funerals to double in size.
* All school students in NSW will also return to on-site learning by October 25, a week sooner than the prior plan.
* Meanwhile, workers in regional NSW who've had a single COVID-19 vaccination will be able to return to their workplaces on Monday, with the deadline to be fully jabbed extended until November 1.
* NSW reported 587 new local COVID-19 cases and eight deaths on Thursday.
* The Victorian premier ruled out following NSW's lead in fast-tracking its pathway out of lockdown, saying daily COVID-19 cases - 1638 reported on Thursday - remain too high.
* Ten new vaccination pop-up hubs will be launched to target Victorians living with a disability.
* The ACT has recorded 41 new cases of COVID-19, with a second baby infected with the virus at a Canberra hospital.
* In Tasmania the number of casual contacts linked to a coronavirus case - only the state's second this year - has grown as authorities ramp up testing and vaccination efforts in the region.
* Queensland's chief health officer has said she hopes to see widespread home quarantine in the state by December, with a trial starting next week.
* Prime Minister Scott Morrison has urged state and territories to stick to national plans to reopen state borders, as Australia passed another vaccination milestone, with all states and territories having now fully vaccinated more than 50 per cent of over-16s.
* Mining giant BHP will refuse to let unvaccinated staff, contractors and visitors enter its Australian work sites from early next year.
AUSTRALIAN VACCINATION NUMBERS:
* There have been 29,642,430 doses administered in the national vaccination rollout up to Thursday, including 336,559 in the previous 24 hours.
* Of the total, 17,189,572 have been administered by the Commonwealth (an increase of 227,986 in the previous 24 hours).
* 16,157,969 have been issued in primary care and 1,031,603 in aged and disability facilities.
* 12,452,858 have been administered by the states and territories, including 108,573 in the prior 24 hours.
AUSTRALIAN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Australia reported 2266 local cases on Thursday: 1638 in Victoria, 587 in NSW and 41 in the ACT
* In Queensland six cases were diagnosed in hotel quarantine.
* The national death toll is 1389: Victoria 890, NSW 459, Tasmania 13, WA 9, Queensland 7, ACT 9, and SA 4. (Two Queensland residents who died in NSW have been included in the official tolls of both states).
GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Cases: at least 236,513,000.
* Deaths: at least 4,828,000.
* Vaccine doses administered: at least 6,369,314,000.
Data current as at 1800 AEDT on October 7, taking in federal and state/territory government updates and Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Centre figures.