* Australia will focus on bringing a growing list of people stranded overseas home before considering allowing international students into the country again.
* Western Australia's borders will finally reopen on Saturday after seven long months, with Premier Mark McGowan declaring the time is right.
* South Australia will lift all its border restrictions with Victoria on December 1, with no requirement for travellers to quarantine in hotels or at home.
* Victoria has gone 14 days without a coronavirus case or death, as the premier announces funding to set up a national centre for infectious diseases.
* NSW has now gone six days without a locally-transmitted virus case, but health authorities are still urging the community to keep testing numbers high.
* Queensland sporting venues will be allowed to reach maximum capacity in time for next week's State of Origin decider in Brisbane.
* Five recently returned overseas travellers have tested positive for COVID-19 while quarantining in the Northern Territory.
* Australian shoppers are tipped to shake off their COVID-19 blues and spend big this Christmas.
* A Queensland-made coronavirus vaccine could be available to the public in the third quarter of 2021.
* A parliamentary inquiry into Victoria's contact tracing system will hold public hearings next week, with a number of experts expected to give evidence.
* Victorians on welfare will soon have to start looking for work or risk having their payments suspended.
* Writers in Australia have been left high and dry by a lack of federal government support during the coronavirus pandemic, an inquiry has heard.
AUSTRALIAN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS
* There were seven new cases recorded in Australia - five in the NT, one in NSW and one in Qld.
* The national death toll is 907: Victoria 819, NSW 55, Tasmania 13, WA 9, Queensland 6, SA 4, ACT 3. (Two Queensland residents who died in NSW have been included in the official tolls of both states).
GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS
* Cases: at least 53,109,696
* Deaths: at least 1,299,651
* Recovered: at least 37,224,906.
Data current as of 1800 AEDT November 13, taking in federal and state/territory government updates, Worldometer and Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Centre.