AUSTRALIAN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* At least 9613 new cases: 6394 in NSW, 1604 in Victoria, 714 in Queensland, 774 in South Australia, 44 in Tasmania, 12 in the Northern Territory and 71 in the ACT.
* There was one new case recorded in Western Australia which will be included in Monday's figures.
* A Sydney hospital is also contacting up to 400 people who received incorrect negative COVID-19 test results, which are yet to be included in official statistics.
* The national death toll is 2188: Victoria 1492 (+2), NSW 649, SA four, ACT 15, Tasmania 13, Queensland seven, WA nine, and the NT one. (Two Queensland residents who died in NSW have been included in the official tolls of both states).
GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Cases: at least 279,477,572.
* Deaths: at least 5,396,885.
* Vaccine doses administered: at least 8,923,494,671.
Data current as at 1730 AEDT on December 26, taking in federal and state/territory government updates and Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Centre figures.