LATEST COVID-19 DEVELOPMENTS:
* Victoria is in the midst of a five-day lockdown until 11.59pm Wednesday in an effort to contain an outbreak of the UK strain of coronavirus at Melbourne Airport's Holiday Inn.
* The outbreak now tallies 14 people after a single new case recorded on Saturday.
* The new case is a friend of an infected hotel quarantine worker - a man in his 30s. His close contacts are isolating and being tested.
* 12 co-workers of an infected staffer at a Melbourne Airport cafe have been tested and 11 negative results have been received. One test result remains.
* Victorian Premier Dan Andrews has asked experts to do a risk assessment of hotel quarantine in light of the infectious UK strain of coronavirus, which his government will then use in national discussions about the future of hotel quarantine.
* He says there needs to be a "cold, hard discussion" about reducing the number of travellers returning to Australia from overseas and reiterated this on Saturday.
* The authority that manages hotel quarantine in Victoria has denied its staff knew anything about a passenger at the Holiday Inn using a nebuliser for his asthma. Nebulisers are banned in hotel quarantine but the man claims he declared the item to staff.
* The man and his partner are understood to be the source of the Victorian outbreak, having contracted the virus overseas.
* The Victorian minister overseeing the state's hotel quarantine authority Lisa Neville is in hospital suffering a non-coronavirus-related medical condition.
* The nation's chief medical officer has reiterated "vulnerable" Australians cannot be left to languish overseas following Mr Andrews' calls for a logical discussion on the future of hotel quarantine.
* Victorian visitors to NSW from Saturday will be obliged to follow their home state's "stay at home" orders. This does not apply to residents of NSW border communities unless they have visited Greater Melbourne.
* NSW has strongly advised residents to avoid non-essential travel to Victoria.
* NSW and Queensland reported no new local cases in their respective 24-hour reporting windows. Western Australia and South Australia also recorded no new local cases.
AUSTRALIAN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* One new locally-acquired case was reported in Australia on Friday, in Victoria. Two were identified in hotel quarantine in Queensland.
* The national death toll is 909: Victoria 820, NSW 56, Tasmania 13, WA 9, Queensland 6, SA 4, ACT 3. (Two Queensland residents who died in NSW have been included in the official tolls of both states).
GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Cases: at least 108,195,727
* Deaths: at least 2,382,880
* Recovered: at least 60,588,317.
Data current as of 1800 AEDT on February 13, taking in federal and state/territory government updates, Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Centre figures.