LATEST COVID-19 DEVELOPMENTS:
* While the federal government has agreed to help coronavirus-hit Victoria build a quarantine facility it seems unlikely to heed Queensland's request for a similar purpose-built site.
* Both Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk and federal opposition leader Anthony Albanese took a swipe at Prime Minister Scott Morrison over the issue on Saturday.
* Ms Palaszczuk told Labor's Queensland conference a regional quarantine centre could be built right now with planes landing next door if only the prime minister was willing to say whether he supported the move or not.
* However AAP understands the proposed site near Wellcamp airport is not up to federal expectations because it doesn't meet the requirement of proximity to an international airport, is not close enough to existing hotel quarantine venues and is too far from a tertiary hospital.
* Meanwhile Mr Morrison says the Commonwealth will meet the capital costs for a 500-bed facility in outer Melbourne.
* Canberra is said to favour Avalon as the ideal location for the facility because the Victorian government's preferred Mickleham site already has an animal quarantine facility on it.
* The Delta coronavirus strain that has caused devastation in India and the UK has been detected in Victoria's latest outbreak.
* The Garden State reported five new local virus cases on Saturday, bringing the size of the current outbreak to 70 cases.
* Some 600 primary close contacts were to finish quarantining on Saturday after returning a day 13 negative test result.
* Health officials expect to remove around 150 exposure sites over coming days.
* Victoria will receive an extra 142,000 Pfizer doses over the next week, responding to soaring demand.
* The Pfizer vaccine will be available nationwide for all 40 to 49 year olds from next week.
AUSTRALIAN VACCINATION NUMBERS:
* There have been 4,927,607 doses administered in the national COVID-19 vaccination rollout up to Friday, including 141,245 in the previous 24 hours.
* Of the total, 3,107,635 have been administered by the Commonwealth (an increase of 76,807 in the previous 24 hours).
* 2,732,445 have been issued in primary care (+72,212) and 375,190 in aged and disability facilities (+4595).
* 1,819,972 have been administered by the states and territories, including 64,438 in the previous 24 hours.
* 548,317 have been administered in Victoria (+26,523), 492,242 in NSW (+14,977), 266,777 in Queensland (+10,831), 187,662 in Western Australia (+4265), 122,564 in South Australia (+3272), 74,104 in Tasmania (+2482), 53,813 in the ACT (+1217) and 38,493 in the NT (+871).
AUSTRALIAN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Australia reported five new locally acquired virus cases on Saturday, all in Victoria.
* There have been three new overseas-acquired cases recorded in hotel quarantine: One in Victoria, one in Queensland and one in South Australia.
* The national death toll is 910: Victoria 820, NSW 56, Tasmania 13, WA 9, Queensland 7, SA 4, ACT 3 (Two Queensland residents who died in NSW have been included in the official tolls of both states).
GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Cases: at least 172,468,843
* Deaths: at least 3,709,189
* Vaccine doses administered: at least 2,047,326,715.
Data current as of 1700 AEST on June 5, taking in federal and state/territory government updates and Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Centre figures.