* Victoria on Thursday recorded no new cases or deaths from COVID-19 for the sixth day in a row. There are now just 20 active infections left in Victoria.
* The state's virus death toll remains at 819 and the national figure at 907.
* Victoria achieved another major milestone as the state emerges from its second wave, clearing its final active case in aged care. It's the first time since June 15 there have been no active cases in Victorian aged care facilities.
* Australians are returning to CBD offices in droves across every major state capital except Melbourne, a new survey shows.
* Manufacturing of the first coronavirus vaccine for Australians will start in Melbourne next week. Prime Minister Scott Morrison revealed the significant step by AstraZeneca and CSL as he announced two more vaccine agreements, taking Australia's deal total to four.
* NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian has ramped up pressure on her interstate counterparts in WA and Queensland, challenging them to fling open their borders for the sake of the nation's prosperity.
* The Queensland government declared it will choose its own destiny "without the NSW premier telling it what to do" about its borders.
* Country shows will return to NSW next year after being cancelled this year.
* South Australia (five cases), Western Australia (four), NSW (two) and the Northern Territory (one) all recorded positive tests among overseas travellers in hotel quarantine.
* It was SA's biggest daily spike in COVID-19 cases for almost seven months.
* The Northern Territory case was an infant aged under one.
* Queensland had no new cases on Thursday, with eight active cases in the state.
AUSTRALIAN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS
* There were 12 new cases recorded in Australia - five in SA, four in WA, two in NSW and one in the NT.
* The national death toll is 907: Victoria 819, NSW 55, Tasmania 13, WA 9, Queensland 6, SA 4, ACT 3. (Two Queensland residents who died in NSW have been included in the official tolls of both states.)
GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS
* Cases: at least 48,090,000
* Deaths: at least 1,225,000
* Recovered: at least 31,889,000
Data current as of 1745 AEDT November 5, taking in federal and state/territory government updates, Worldometer and Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Centre.