LATEST COVID-19 DEVELOPMENTS:
* Two elderly people in a Queensland aged care home have been given four times the correct amount of the coronavirus vaccine.
* The 88-year-old man and 94-year-old woman, both residents at the Holy Spirit Nursing Home in Carseldine, are being monitored but are showing no signs of an adverse reaction.
* Federal Health Minister Greg Hunt on Wednesday confirmed the doctor who administered the doses had not completed the mandatory training.
* The doctor is no longer involved in the vaccine rollout and will be reported to the national regulator. They were contracted by Healthcare Australia, the company which is undertaking vaccinations for the federal government.
* Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk has written to Prime Minister Scott Morrison asking for a national cabinet meeting as soon as possible, to understand what happened.
* Victoria has gone five days without recording a coronavirus case.
* The NSW premier says the state is "nearly there" in restoring full freedoms to its residents but should not treat the rollout of vaccinations as a licence for complacency.
* South Australia is allowing people back on the dancefloor and will drop its remaining border restrictions with Victoria from Friday.
* New Zealand arrivals to Queensland will have to undergo quarantine from 6pm on Wednesday due to increased transmission across the Tasman.
* Treasurer Josh Frydenberg believes most people will be off the JobKeeper program by the end of March, making it no longer fit for purpose.
AUSTRALIAN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* There were two new virus cases recorded in Australia on Wednesday; one each in NSW and SA. Both were in hotel quarantine.
* The national death toll is 909: Victoria 820, NSW 56, Tasmania 13, WA 9, Queensland 6, SA 4, ACT 3. (Two Queensland residents who died in NSW have been included in the official tolls of both states).
GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Cases: at least 112,108,142
* Deaths: at least 2,485,368
* Recovered: at least 63,295,140.
Data current as of 1730 AEDT on February 24, taking in federal and state/territory government updates, Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Centre figures.