LATEST COVID-19 DEVELOPMENTS:
* Victorians will from Monday be able to buy rapid antigen tests from major supermarkets, as the state enjoys its first major events since exiting lockdown.
* Victoria recorded another 1355 locally acquired COVID-19 infections and 11 deaths on Saturday, taking the toll from the latest outbreak to 293.
* Saturday was the state's final daily COVID-19 briefing, with key information and statistics to instead be issued through a media release at 11am each day.
* A 5500-strong crowd was allowed through the gates of Flemington Racecourse for Derby Day on Saturday and almost 4000 music fans will gather at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl in the evening as part of the state's first post-lockdown major events.
* Several hundred people also gathered outside Victorian parliament on Saturday afternoon after the state government introduced new pandemic legislation.
* Dozens more braved Melbourne's inclement weather to stage a protest outside Carlton's Park Hotel, where 22 asylum seekers and refugees have now tested positive for COVID-19.
* There were 236 new local infections reported in NSW on Saturday, along with three further deaths.
* The latest fatalities include a Newcastle man in his 40s and a western Sydney man in his 60s, and bring the number in the state since the start of the pandemic to 569.
* The ACT reported nine new COVID-19 cases, marking a full week with daily infections below 20.
* Federal Health Minister Greg Hunt expects more COVID-19 patients to be treated at home as Australia's vaccination rate continues to climb and the economic benefit of eased restrictions shows.
* The West Australian government has extended its discount airfare scheme in a bid to keep regional tourism afloat with its borders set to remain shut to Victoria and NSW into next year.
AUSTRALIAN VACCINATION NUMBERS:
* There have been 35,487,134 doses administered in the national COVID-19 vaccination rollout up to Friday, including 209,947 in the previous 24 hours.
* Of the total, 20,850,429 have been administered by the Commonwealth (an increase of 146,805 in the previous 24 hours).
* 14,636,705 have been administered by the states and territories, including 63,142 in the previous 24 hours.
* Nationwide, 88.1 per cent of the 16-plus population have had at least their first dose and 76.8 per cent both.
AUSTRALIAN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Australia reported 1600 local cases on Saturday: 1355 in Victoria, 236 in NSW, and nine in the ACT.
* There was one overseas-acquired infection, in NSW.
* The national death toll is 1719: Victoria 1111 (+11), NSW 569 (+3), Tasmania 13, ACT 8, WA 9, Queensland 7 and SA 4. Two Queensland residents who died in NSW have been included in the official tolls of both states.
GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Cases: at least 246,036,000.
* Deaths: at least 4,989,000.
* Vaccine doses administered: at least 6,947,883,000.
Data current as at 1730 AEDT on October 30, taking in federal and state/territory government updates and Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Centre figures.