LATEST COVID-19 DEVELOPMENTS:
* Australia's top nurse is putting the Northern Territory's Howard Springs quarantine facility's capacity under the microscope, as the nation's broad coronavirus vaccine rollout got underway on Monday.
* An infectious disease expert who treated Australia's first coronavirus patient became the first Victorian to receive the Pfizer vaccine.
* The trophy presentation for the men's Australian Open final on Sunday was marred by members of the crowd, who booed when the coronavirus vaccine rollout and Victorian government were mentioned.
* Two nurses became the first West Australians to receive the COVID-19 vaccine, saying they hope it will save lives and ease the strain on the healthcare system.
* Gold Coast nurse Zoe Park was the first person to be given a dose of the Pfizer vaccine in Queensland at Gold Coast University Hospital on Monday morning.
* South Australia Premier Steven Marshall, the state's police commissioner and health officials leading the charge against COVID-19 were among the first to get the coronavirus vaccine in SA.
* South Australia remains on track to ease COVID-19 travel restrictions for people from Melbourne on Thursday, Police Commissioner Grant Stevens said.
* COVID-19 vaccinations have also begun in NSW, with frontline health workers among the first to receive the jab.
* More NSW residents can use the state government's hospitality voucher scheme, designed to boost the pandemic-hit hospitality industry.
* Finance Minister Simon Birmingham remains tight-lipped on the future of JobSeeker payments once coronavirus supplements are withdrawn.
AUSTRALIAN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* There were four new virus cases recorded in Australia on Monday: two in Queensland, and one each in NSW and WA. All were diagnosed in hotel quarantine.
* The national death toll is 909: Victoria 820, NSW 56, Tasmania 13, WA 9, Queensland 6, SA 4, ACT 3. (Two Queensland residents who died in NSW have been included in the official tolls of both states).
GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Cases: at least 111,351,000
* Deaths: at least 2,466,000
* Recovered: at least 62,824,000.
Data current as of 1630 AEDT on February 22, taking in federal and state/territory government updates, Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Centre figures.