AUSTRALIAN VACCINATION NUMBERS:
* There have been 41,667,960 doses administered in the national COVID-19 vaccination rollout up to Tuesday, including 207,329 in the previous 24 hours.
* Of the total, 24,946,454 have been administered by the Commonwealth, an increase of 145,941 on the previous 24 hours.
* 16,721,506 have been administered by the states and territories, including 61,388 in the previous 24 hours.
* 19,383,270 or 94 per cent of people 16 and over have received at least their first dose and 90.78 per cent both.
AUSTRALIAN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* 5725 new cases: 3763 in NSW, 1503 in Victoria, 198 in South Australia, 186 in Queensland, 58 in ACT, 12 in Tasmania and five in the Northern Territory.
* The national death toll is 2162, Victoria 1466, NSW 647, SA four, ACT 15, Tasmania 13, Queensland seven, WA nine, and the NT one. (Two Queensland residents who died in NSW have been included in the official tolls of both states).
GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Cases: at least 276,243,089
* Deaths: at least 5,368,843
* Vaccine doses administered: at least 8,769,105,993
Data current as at 1730 AEDT on December 22, taking in federal and state/territory government updates and Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Centre figures.