LATEST COVID-19 DEVELOPMENTS:
* Victoria's hotel quarantine program will resume from April 8, with stricter protocols in place to ensure COVID-19 doesn't leak into the community again.
* Arrivals will be capped at 800 a week, scaling up to 1120 by April 15, subject to the completion of ventilation works at hotels.
* International passenger flights haven't arrived in Melbourne since February 13 after hotel quarantine workers contracted the UK strain of the virus from travellers at the Holiday Inn near Melbourne Airport.
* Acting Premier James Merlino conceded there would always be a risk of spread but said significant changes to the program had been made following two reviews released on Thursday.
* A review ordered independent ventilation assessments at all quarantine hotels, while testing of returned travellers will also be boosted from two to four times during quarantine.
* General practices have been pointedly warned not to charge patients for consultations before delivering COVID-19 vaccinations.
* Independent MP Rebekha Sharkie has asked Health Minister Greg Hunt to look into the cases of several South Australian pensioners who were out of pocket for pre-vaccine consultations.
* Mr Hunt, who has referred the complaints to the health department, said the vaccine program was based on three principles: free, voluntary and universally available.
* The national vaccination program has reached 408,000 doses, with 49,500 delivered in the past day - well up on the 30,000 given on the first day of the GP-led program on Monday.
* The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade revealed more than 36,000 Australians remain stranded overseas, with 4860 considered vulnerable.
* The federal government is offering the arts and entertainment sector an extra $135 million in funding.
* More Australian-made coronavirus vaccines could be sent to Papua New Guinea as the nation grapples with a dire COVID-19 outbreak.
* The NSW government will splash out $51.5 million in a bid to breathe life back into the Sydney CBD and rejuvenate the struggling live music, entertainment and tourism industries.
AUSTRALIAN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Australia reported no new locally acquired case of the coronavirus on Thursday. Nine overseas acquired cases were reported in hotel quarantine: Five in NSW, three in Queensland, and two in WA.
* The national death toll is 909: Victoria 820, NSW 56, Tasmania 13, WA 9, Queensland 6, SA 4, ACT 3 (Two Queensland residents who died in NSW have been included in the official tolls of both states).
GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Cases: at least 124,774,967
* Deaths: at least 2,743,475
* Recovered: at least 70,786,663.
Data current as of 1715 AEDT on March 25, taking in federal and state/territory government updates and Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Centre figures.