LATEST COVID-19 DEVELOPMENTS:
* Queensland has recorded three new cases of COVID-19 in Goondiwindi, with another two people discovered to have been infectious while in the southern border town.
* Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk said the three new cases are all women aged from their teens to their 30s, and two are unvaccinated. Two have recently visited Moree in northern NSW, with the third case linked to one of them.
* Deputy Chief Health Officer Peter Aitken said a NSW woman and a Victorian truck driver also tested positive interstate after being infectious in Goondiwindi.
* An anti-vaxxer invaded the Queensland government's live TV press conference to accuse the health minister of misinformation and the ABC of spreading "propaganda".
* The average number of Victorians being hospitalised with COVID-19 has dropped to its lowest level in weeks, with the state's premier attributing the trend to rising vaccination uptake.
* Victoria recorded 1247 new locally acquired COVID-19 infections and another nine deaths on Thursday, with the state now managing 17,674 active cases.
* Multiple Victorian doctors are under investigation, suspected of breaching the chief health officer's COVID-19 directions.
* COVID-19 cases in NSW are on the rise as the state is on the cusp of having 90 per cent of its adults fully vaccinated.
* After a week of daily case numbers below 300, NSW's tally jumped by 118 to 308 in the 24 hours to 8pm on Wednesday.
* It also reported a further four COVID-19 deaths, including a 38-year-old unvaccinated woman from western Sydney with underlying health conditions who died at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital.
* The ACT remains on track to ease some of its last remaining COVID-19 restrictions despite a growing cluster in Canberra schools, the territory's health minister says.
* Thirteen new locally acquired cases of COVID-19 were recorded in the ACT on Wednesday as Canberra's full vaccination rate of those aged 12 and over climbed to 94 per cent.
* A Senate inquiry was told the rollout of COVID-19 vaccines has limited the number of medical appointments available to patients in regional areas due to GP shortages.
AUSTRALIAN VACCINATION NUMBERS:
* There have been 36,231,223 doses administered in the national COVID-19 vaccination rollout up to Thursday, including 181,768 in the previous 24 hours.
* Of the total, 21,329,250 have been administered by the Commonwealth (an increase of 135,029 in the previous 24 hours).
* 14,901,973 have been administered by the states and territories, including 46,739 in the previous 24 hours.
* Nationwide, 88.9 per cent of people 16 and over have had at least their first dose and 79.1 per cent are double dosed.
AUSTRALIAN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Australia reported 1571 local cases on Thursday: 1247 in Victoria, 308 in NSW, 13 in the ACT, and three in Queensland.
* There was one overseas-acquired infection in NSW.
* The national death toll is 1779: Victoria 1153 (+9), NSW 585 (+4), Tasmania 13, ACT 10, WA 9, Queensland 7 and SA 4. Two Queensland residents who died in NSW have been included in the official tolls of both states.
GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Cases: at least 248,080,000.
* Deaths: at least 5,022,000.
* Vaccine doses administered: at least 7,134,448,000.
Data current as at 1700 AEDT on November 4, taking in federal and state/territory government updates and Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Centre figures.