* Authorities believe there are still undetected cases of coronavirus in Victoria, despite the state recording its fourth consecutive day of no new infections and no deaths.
* There are now 38 active coronavirus cases in Victoria, the lowest number of active cases since the government began recording them on March 29.
* The state's virus death toll remains at 819 and the national figure at 907.
* Despite restrictions easing in Melbourne almost a week ago, protesters angered by the near four-month COVID-19 lockdown gathered outside Victorian parliament on Tuesday, with multiple arrests made.
* NSW health authorities have put the residents of 10 southwest Sydney suburbs on notice as they continue to uncover COVID-19 cases in the area.
* The state recorded one new locally-acquired case of COVID-19 in the 24 hours to 8pm on Monday from 8550 tests, along with two cases in hotel quarantine.
* Queensland recorded three new COVID-19 cases on Tuesday - all of whom are returned travellers in hotel quarantine.
* Meanwhile, travellers had waits of almost an hour at Queensland's southern border after COVID-19 restrictions were relaxed for regional NSW.
* WA Health Minister Roger Cook says NSW is now of greater concern than Victoria when it comes to stifling community spread of the coronavirus.
* WA will reopen its borders to all states and territories from November 14, although some restrictions will remain for people from NSW and Victoria.
* South Australia will relax its border restrictions with Victoria in about two weeks, with a move to allow people to quarantine at home.
* SA Premier Steven Marshall says the change will depend on COVID-19 numbers in Victoria remaining low and the impact of increased mobility within that state.
* The state reported two new COVID-19 cases on Tuesday - both returned travellers in hotel quarantine - taking its total since the start of the pandemic to 503.
* Tasmania will reopen to NSW on Friday as planned, the state government says, removing the need for people to quarantine.
* It means only Victorians will be unable to visit Tasmania, after the state reopened to most of Australia on October 26.
* Northern Territorians have snapped up thousands of COVID-19 stimulus vouchers, designed to help the Top End's pandemic-ravaged tourism sector.
AUSTRALIAN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS
* There were eight new cases recorded in Australia - three in NSW, three in Queensland and two in South Australia.
* The national death toll is 907: Victoria 819, NSW 55, Tasmania 13, WA 9, Queensland 6, SA 4, ACT 3. (Two Queensland residents who died in NSW have been included in the official tolls of both states.)
GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS
* Cases: at least 46,800,000
* Deaths: at least 1,210,000
* Recovered: at least 31,300,000.
Data current as of 1630 AEDT November 3, taking in federal and state/territory government updates, Worldometer and Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Centre.