AUSTRALIAN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* 99,651 new cases: 44,155 in Victoria, 30,062 in NSW, 18,000 in Queensland, 4506 in South Australia, 1406 in Tasmania, 1039 in the ACT, 481 in the Northern Territory and two in Western Australia.
HOLD FOR UPDATED SA numbers
* The national death toll is 2367: Victoria 1578 (+4), NSW 727 (+16), ACT 15, Tasmania 13, WA nine, SA 15 (+1), Queensland 10 and the NT. (Two Queensland residents who died in NSW have been included in the official tolls of both states).
GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Cases: at least 304,855,143
* Deaths: at least 5,484,079
* Vaccine doses administered: at least 9,396,607,196.
Data current as at 1600 AEDT January 9, taking in federal and state/territory government updates and Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Centre figures.