AUSTRALIAN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* 684,494 new cases: 34,994 in NSW, 21,997 in Victoria, 10,332 in Queensland, 3070 in South Australia, 751 in Tasmania, 992 in the ACT, 256 in the Northern Territory, and 9 in Western Australia.
* The national death toll is 2302: Victoria 1559 (+6), NSW 691 (+6), ACT 15, Tasmania 13, WA nine, SA eight, Queensland eight (+1), and the NT one. (Two Queensland residents who died in NSW have been included in the official tolls of both states).
GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Cases: at least 297,651,728
* Deaths: at least 5,464,859
* Vaccine doses administered: at least 9,304,616,771
Data current as at 1630 AEDT on January 6, taking in federal and state/territory government updates and Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Centre figures.