AUSTRALIAN VACCINATION NUMBERS:
* There have been 41,883,867 doses administered in the national COVID-19 vaccination rollout up to Wednesday, including 215,907 in the previous 24 hours.
* Of the total, 25,096,707 have been administered by the Commonwealth, an increase of 150,253 on the previous 24 hours.
* 16,787,160 have been administered by the states and territories, including 65,654 in the previous 24 hours.
* 19,398,219 or 94.1 per cent of people 16 and over have received at least their first dose and 90.9 per cent both.
AUSTRALIAN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* 8695 new cases: 5715 in NSW, 2005 in Victoria, 484 in South Australia, 369 in Queensland, 85 in ACT, 26 in Tasmania, 10 in the Northern Territory and one in Western Australia.
* The national death toll is 2171: Victoria 1476, NSW 648, SA four, ACT 15, Tasmania 13, Queensland seven, WA nine, and the NT one. (Two Queensland residents who died in NSW have been included in the official tolls of both states).
GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Cases: at least 277,167,932
* Deaths: at least 5,377,435
* Vaccine doses administered: at least 8,802,278,315
Data current as at 1820 AEDT on December 23, taking in federal and state/territory government updates and Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Centre figures.