Comments following NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian's evidence to the corruption watchdog, admitting a "close personal relationship" with a former MP:
* "These are very new revelations that obviously came as some news to me," a surprised Prime Minister Scott Morrison said of the revelations.
* "If you thought you knew Gladys Berejiklian, think again," NSW Opposition Leader Jodi McKay said, calling for the premier to resign.
* "As the deputy (Liberal) leader and Treasurer of this state, never have I seen someone work so hard," Treasurer Dominic Perrottet said, noting Ms Berejiklian is a person of great integrity and honesty.
* "This is a human being who has worked her socks off for this state and deserves enormous regard and respect," Transport Minister Andrew Constance said.
* Ms Berejiklian is "by far the best premier in this country," Health Minister Brad Hazzard said.
* "It is hard to see how the premier can survive a day in parliament this week given the bombshells being dropped in ICAC," NSW Greens MP David Shoebridge tweeted.
* "She needs to take time out and she should stand herself down until we see the final wash-up of this all," Shooters, Fishers and Farmers leader Robert Borsak told 2GB radio.
* NSW Attorney-General Mark Speakman and and Minister for Western Sydney Stuart Ayres have publicly backed Ms Berejiklian.