Kidnapped girl, 12, escapes from home containing dismembered bodies

·3-min read

Two decomposing bodies have been found inside a home after a 12-year-old girl who had been abducted and restrained escaped her captors.

On Monday morning, the girl was found wandering the street in Dadeville, in the US state of Alabama, and she was taken in for medical assistance.

Authorities believe the girl had been restrained to a bed for about a week, CNN reported,

The girl was kept in a “drugged state” with alcohol and assaulted in the head before chewing her way out of the restraints, the document said.

Pictured is the home where the kidnapped girl was held captive in Alabama
A girl who was kidnapped escaped captivity by chewing through her restraint. Source: WVTM13

Marks on her wrists and damage to her braces from the chewing indicated that she had been tied up.

The girl had not been reported as missing.

Court documents claim the girl was abducted from an undisclosed location on July 24 and she had been sexually abused.

Fortunately, a driver saw the girl wandering the street on Monday and picked her up. The driver then notified the authorities, which prompted an investigation.

Bodies of woman and child found in home

Inside a mobile home where it is believed the girl was kept captive, police discovered two decomposing bodies belonging to a 29-year-old woman and a boy younger than 14.

The woman has been identified as Sandra Vazquez Ceja, with authorities believing she had been smothered with a pillow. The young boy was reportedly hit and kicked to death.

Pictured is the local sheriff giving an update on the case.
The bodies of a woman and child were found at the mobile home in Alabama. Source: WRBL

Their bodies had been cut into small pieces at the joints in an attempt to hide evidence.

When Ms Ceja had been issued traffic tickets earlier this year for speeding and driving without a licence, she had used the address which matched the mobile home where her remains were found.

It is believed Ms Ceja and the boy had been killed around the same time as the girl's abduction.

Man arrested in connection to case

José Paulino Pascual-Reyes has been charged with kidnapping in relation to the 12-year-old girl and capital murder and corpse abuse, relating to the deaths of Ms Ceja and the boy.

Pascual-Reyes, 37, is in police custody after he was arrested about 40km from Dadeville.

The girl, who has not been identified, received medical attention and was placed into the custody of child welfare officials.

Pictured is José Paulino Pascual-Reyes the man who was charged in relation to the case.
José Paulino Pascual-Reyes has been charged in relation to the incidents. Source: Associated Press

Tallapoosa County Sheriff Jimmy Abbett praised the girl's bravery at a press conference addressing the disturbing ordeal.

"She's a hero," he said.

"We gave her medical attention and she's safe now and so, we want to keep her that way."

With Associated Press

Do you have a story tip? Email: newsroomau@yahoonews.com.

You can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and Twitter and download the Yahoo News app from the App Store or Google Play.

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting