Rapper, singer and songsmith The Kid LAROI has been named songwriter of the year at the APRA awards.
The gong is one of three he took home on the night - or would have, were the 18-year-old not in the middle of a massive global tour.
He also won peer-voted Song of the Year for STAY, the global hit he co-wrote with Justin Bieber, and took out the most performed hip hop/rap category with his song Without You.
"I really appreciate the support and I want to give a quick shout out to fans back home. I'm stoked to be on my way back and I can't wait to perform the End of the World tour with you guys," he said.
In the 40th year of the awards, the accolades were not just for fresh-faced performers, with veterans of the Australian music industry also recognised.
Angus Young and the late Malcolm Young won Most Performed Rock Work for Shot In The Dark, from their seventeenth studio album Power Up.
The brothers, along with the late Bon Scott, won a Gold Award at the very first APRA Awards in 1982 for AC/DC's Highway to Hell.
On Tuesday night at the Melbourne Town Hall, Tones And I took home two awards, winning Most Performed Pop Work with Fly Away, and Most Performed Australian Work Overseas with her global hit Dance Monkey.
London-based producer John Courtidis was also a two-time winner for co-writing Head & Heart, the Joel Corry and MNEK UK club hit.
Singer Genesis Owusu was named Breakthrough Songwriter of the Year, a prize that went to the Kid LAROI in 2021.
The Ghanaian-Australian singer from Canberra was recognised for his debut album Smiling with No Teeth, which reached the ARIA Albums Chart top 30.
Amy Shark's Love Songs Ain't for Us, co-written with Ed Sheeran, won Most Performed Country Work, while Vance Joy and Joel Little's song about loved ones separated by the pandemic won Most Performed Alternative Work.
The Wiggles were recognised for outstanding service to Australian music with the Ted Albert Award.
Tim Rogers with rock band The Hard-Ons ended the awards night with a tribute to the late Chris Bailey, lead singer of formative Australian rock band The Saints.
AUSTRALASIAN PERFORMING RIGHT ASSOCIATION MUSIC WINNERS 2022:
* Peer-Voted APRA Song of the Year - STAY
* Songwriter of the Year - The Kid LAROI
* Breakthrough Songwriter of the Year - Genesis Owusu
* Ted Albert Award - The Wiggles
* Most Performed Australian Work - Head & Heart
* Most Performed Alternative Work - Missing Piece
* Most Performed Blues & Roots Work - Letting Go
* Most Performed Country Work - Love Songs Ain't For Us
* Most Performed Dance/Electronic Work - Head & Heart
* Most Performed Hip Hop/Rap Work - Without You
* Most Performed Pop Work - Fly Away
* Most Performed R&B/Soul Work - Higher
* Most Performed Rock Work - Shot in the Dark
* Most Performed Australian Work Overseas -Dance Monkey
* Most Performed International Work - Lasting Lover