SECTION 44 REPORT RECOMMENDATIONS:
* Referendum to either repeal sections 44 and 45 of the Constitution or insert into sections 44 and 45 the words: 'Until the Parliament otherwise provides...'
* If the referendum passes, election candidate standards and qualifications be legislated.
* If the referendum does not pass or go ahead, the government consider ways to mitigate impact of section 44.
* Action be considered ahead of five by-elections due in coming months.
MINORITY REPORT BY LIBERAL MP BEN MORTON
* Set up a Foreign Citizenship Renunciation Advice and Support Office to assist potential candidates.
* Agreements be made with foreign nations to fast-track citizenship renunciations.
* All candidates for federal elections be legally required to disclose all relevant information to their qualification.
* Senate and House of Representatives should only refer a senator or MP to the High Court over a section 44 matter if the privileges committee has already recommended it.