OUTCOMES FROM NATIONAL CABINET
* Seven out of eight states and territories (excluding Western Australia) are aiming to be at the third stage of reopening business and social activities by December
* A revised plan will include numbers of people who can eat at a restaurant, as well as how testing will work, the availability of passenger manifests, and testing of sewage to pinpoint outbreaks
* States and territories will share more of their data so they can make better decisions
* No decision yet on a "hotspot" model (instead of unilateral state decisions), but there is commitment to keep working on a definition
* South Australia will join a group already involving NSW, Victoria and Prime Minister Scott Morrison working on cross-state border issues
* Tasmania has set a goal of having its border down by December
* The agriculture code has been agreed by five out of eight states and territories (excluding Queensland, WA and Tasmania)
* SA, NSW and Victoria will immediately move to put in place the code to enable smoother movement of agricultural workers
* Work is under way on allowing more Australians to return from overseas, but it won't involve more people flying into Sydney
* New Zealand has been briefed on the potential for a hotspot model, which could potentially allow travel between specific cities in both countries.
* Some states currently define a hotspot as a place where just one positive coronavirus case is detected
* The proposed new definition for a hotspot declaration trigger for a city is: rolling three-day average is 10 locally acquired cases per day. This equates to over 30 cases in three consecutive days
* Hotspot trigger for a regional or rural area is: rolling three-day average is three locally acquired cases per day. This equates to nine cases over three consecutive days
* A process for dealing with a hotspot has been proposed: 1) The threshold of case numbers is met; 2) Chief medical and health officers reach agreement; 3) Hotspot is communicated to the public; 4) Extra support is provided to analyse and deal with it; 5) Hotspot is reviewed after 14 days.