Kathy believes cooking fulfills the basic needs we all have.
Visit Tsaples’ Facebook page for more: https://www.facebook.com/sweetgreekshop/
2 bunches English Spinach
Ground pepper to taste
2tbs dill, finely chopped
½ bunch spring onions, finely sliced
3 eggs, lightly beaten
400g phyllo pastry
1 cup cornflour
1 cup olive oil
Sesame seeds for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 40cm baking tray.
- Thoroughly wash the spinach then finely shred. Place in a large bowl and sprinkle over the salt.
- Crush the spinach with your hands until it has wilted.
- Squeeze out all the liquid and place the spinach into a clean bowl. Season with pepper and add the feta, dill, spring onion and egg. Set aside until required.
- Divide the phyllo pastry in to 5 balls, dust the workbench with cornflour and roll each ball into a large circle, dusting with cornflower as you go to prevent sticking. Roll the dough until almost translucent.
- Drizzle each circle of dough with olive oil, fold over to form a semi-circle and spoon the spinach mixture along the straight edge leaving a 2cm boarder. Roll up carefully, stretching a little as you go, and form a coil starting at the centre of your tray.
- Brush the top with olive oil, sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake for 45 minutes or until crisp and golden.