Whether it will be a TV interview to stop the nation remains to be seen, but at least one Labor MP won't be watching when Barnaby Joyce reveals all.
The former deputy prime minister has agreed to spill the beans in a $150,000 Seven Network interview with staffer-turned-partner Vikki Campion about six weeks after they welcomed a baby boy.
Asked if he will be glued to his TV set when the interview is aired on Sunday evening, Labor frontbencher Brendan O'Connor joked: "I just think I would have to look away."
"I don't think I can do it," he told ABC television's Insiders program on Sunday.
However, Greens Leader Richard Di Natale is less amused, describing it as a "tawdry episode" involving "grubby" chequebook journalism.
"I would rather that this was something that was dealt with in private and that all the people involved were able to get through what's been a difficult time without having to worry about a huge sum of money being waved in front of an MP who probably doesn't need it," he told ABC television.
While many of Mr Joyce's colleagues have refused to weigh in on the matter, cabinet minister Kelly O'Dwyer did not hold back when she said most Australians are "pretty disgusted" by the interview.
Some promotional clips of the interview have already been released.
"I couldn't help it," Ms Campion tells Seven's Sunday Night program.
"You can't help who you fall in love with."
The former media advisor alludes to "political pressure" about her baby, claiming she was warned "they'll come after you".
Joyce adds: "They did".
Ms Campion also tells the program "everything was worth it" after having their son Sebastian.
"I would do anything to protect him," she says.
Mr Joyce, who is on medical leave, has faced criticism for accepting $150,000 for the interview after earlier this year insisting the matter should be private.
But he now says he had no choice because he was doggedly pursued, with drones over his house and photographers waiting for the couple at an airport.