Broadcaster Alan Jones has denied being "careless with the truth" during a heated exchange at his defamation trial.
The talkback radio host was in the witness box at the Brisbane Supreme Court for a second day on Friday as his cross-examination continued.
The prominent Queensland Wagner brothers are suing Jones, Harbour Radio, 4BC and writer Nick Cater for $4.8 million over 32 broadcasts between 2014 and 2015.
John, Denis, Neill and Joe Wagner claim they were accused of the deaths of 12 people in the town of Grantham during the 2011 floods when one of the walls of a quarry they owned collapsed.
They also allege they were accused of a high-level cover-up with politicians, as well as corruption and intimidation, relating to their Wellcamp Airport.
Referring to comments made on air about how the family got approval for the Toowoomba airport, barrister Tom Blackburn SC accused the broadcaster of being "careless with the truth".
"No, I'm not careless with the truth ... I leave that to others," Jones said.
Mr Blackburn asked who he had in mind.
"It's just a general observation ... you're accusing me of being a liar. I tell the truth. I came here to tell the truth," he said.
Mr Blackburn then asked if he was specifically referring to the Wagners.
"I'm not referring to anyone, Mr Blackburn," he said.
At another point, when asked about a detailed letter he received about the approval process for the airport, Jones said: "I'm not the aviation ombudsman. I'm just a broadcaster".
Earlier in the day, Mr Blackburn attempted to add 35 broadcasts from 2011 to 2015 to the defamation proceedings.
He also applied to cross-examine Jones on them, although the radio broadcaster had not had any time to consider them.
Mr Blackburn said most of the proposed additions contained "exactly the same" issues as those already included in the defamation proceedings.
He told the court they went to the issue of aggravated damages because they showed Jones and Cater were "motivated by a desire to injure the plaintiffs' reputation".
Justice Peter Flanagan said he had received no explanation for the delay or why the broadcasts weren't made available to Jones when the trial started three weeks ago.
He refused to allow the radio host to be cross-examined on those matters until he and his legal team had time to go over them.
Mr Blackburn withdrew the application to add the 35 additional broadcasts, but said he may re-lodge it at a later date.
The trial continues.