Cyclist Matteo De Bonis has tested positive for the banned blood-booster erythropoietin (EPO), meaning the Vini Zabu team could miss out on participating in this year's Giro d'Italia.
The Italian outfit has been suspended by the International Cycling Union (UCI), as a result of the failed doping test,
The UCI said given De Bonis's positive test is the team's second in 12 months, the Giro wild card-entrants will be suspended for "15 to 45 days" in accordance with anti-doping regulations.
"The UCI will shortly refer the matter to the Disciplinary Commission which will render a decision in due course," the UCI said in a statement.
Vini Zabu's previous doping case came during last year's Giro, in October, when Matteo Spreafico failed two tests for the banned steroid ostarine.
This year's Giro starts on May 8.