Islamic preacher cannot travel overseas

Junaid Thorne (right), Mostafa Shiddiquzzaman (middle) and and unidentified friend arrive at the Perth Magistrate's Court. Picture: Steve Ferrier/The West Australian

Self-proclaimed Islamic sheik Junaid Thorne and two of his associates have been banned from applying for passports and travelling overseas.

Thorne, Mostafa Shiddiquzzaman and Omer Abdirahman Issak appeared in Perth Magistrates Court on Friday, accused of using fake identification for domestic flights.

Thorne's bail terms include a personal undertaking, not applying for a new passport and staying at least 200m from international departure points.

The court heard Thorne, 25, had lost his old passport and it had been cancelled by authorities.

Shiddiquzzaman and Issak had their existing bail terms renewed with similar conditions.

The trio, who had several supporters in court, were not required to enter pleas.

They are due back in court on April 24, but Thorne and Shiddiquzzaman will not have to appear in person because they live in NSW.

None of the men spoke to the media as they left the building.

Thorne attracted the attention of authorities when he was deported in 2013 from Saudi Arabia, where he had lived for over a decade, after being detained for protesting his brother's imprisonment on terror-related charges.

He has also drawn the ire of Australians after posting online support for the Charlie Hebdo massacre in Paris and defending slain Melbourne teenage terrorism suspect Numan Haider.

Since flying from Sydney to Perth this week, the controversial Islamic preacher has tweeted about looking forward to seeing his mother and also detailed in several posts a run-in he had with police at a shopping centre.

Thorne claimed on Thursday night that he was walking with a friend when they were approached by two officers who said hello to him and asked for his friend's name.

He said the police kept pressuring his friend until he stepped in and explained that they were "shopping like normal citizens".

Thorne added that police warned him they would be watching him.

"We didn't act in any suspicious way," he wrote.

"We were being polite to the police while they were obviously harassing and trying to provoke us.

"I wonder if we're allowed to shop like normal Australian citizens without being harassed by police who use foul language for no reason?"

Thorne said he filmed some of the exchange on his phone but has not released the footage.

A police spokeswoman told AAP that Thorne could make a formal complaint if he wished.