It might look a cardboard car made by children, but the car in this video is actually a heavily armoured vehicle built by ISIS fighters with one purpose in mind: a suicide mission.
But this driver and their reinforced explosive truck were thwarted by Kurdish fighters – and one perfectly aimed projectile that blew them to pieces before they could do the same to anyone else.
In the video published by France 24, Kurdish militants fired a barrage of shots at the truck as it sped toward its target but they barely made an impact on the rusted metal plating.
- ISIS execute 250 women and girls for refusing to become 'sex slaves'
- ‘Single shot’: British forces tornado blows ISIS car bomb to smithereens
- Russia accused of war crimes for dropping white phosphorus on civilian targets
The kamikaze car continued down the desert road to its deadly destination until hell rained upon it from above.
What appears to be a guided bomb flies through the sky to hit the car, turning its explosive payload and driver into a cloud of thick black smoke and flying debris that lands in the sand.
- Two women carry hidden cameras, bravely film life in Syria under ISIS
- 'I found the contacts': Former cheerleader pleading guilty to terror charges painted as main plotter
- 'Jihotties' dating trend used to lure women to join ISIS
The smoking and smouldering vehicle rolls down the road before stopping dead as Kurdish fighters celebrate with yips and whistles.
Scrapyard weaponry and vehicles have become a mainstay of the war in Syria and Iraq.
All manner of junk has been re-engineered into use as weapons of war, with many making comparisons to the post-apocalyptic world of Mad Max.
This vehicle was photographed and shared on Twitter with the caption "1 of their mad max cars stopped from being used as a VBIED (Vehicle-borne improvised explosive device)".
Chemical weapons plant destroyed by Syrian rebels
Crystal clear drone footage of airstrikes and tanks destroying ISIS terrorists
Iraqi forces make inroads on ISIS
ISIS forces child recruits into deadly game of hide and seek