A Centrelink office in Adelaide’s south had to be evacuated after an innocent mishap.
Fire crews wearing hazmat suits were called in to investigate after staff and clients were evacuated from the Noarlunga centre premises on Wednesday afternoon.
It was because someone had spilled sugar and it was mistaken for a dangerous chemical.
“I’ve got to go treat my heartburn now just because of this,” one customer said.
Another witness said there was not a bag near the pile of sugar.
- Family’s shock after realising true identity of adopted dog
- Couple doing repairs on backyard make astonishing find
- Five-year-old boy’s close call with snake – but can you see it?
The Centrelink office was given the all clear after two hours.