As the world reacts to the news Prince Charles has tested positive to the coronavirus, it is now believed a photo shows the moment the future King of England could have caught the virus.
On March 10, Prince Charles sat opposite Prince Albert of Monaco at the WaterAid charity's Water and Climate event in London, and Prince Albert revealed he had tested positive for COVID-19 last week.
Clarence House reported on that 71-year-old Prince Charles is showing mild symptoms of COVID-19 and is self-isolating at a royal estate in Scotland.
Prince Albert had a ‘pretty mild case’ of coronavirus
Prince Albert of Monaco tested positive for the respiratory disease last week Thursday (nine days after his meeting with Charles), but revealed at the time he was not feeling “that bad”, though he needed to be cautious about his health due to previous medical issues.
“I'm feeling okay. My symptoms are flu-like, but it feels like a pretty mild case,” he told People magazine.
“I've a slight fever, not really that bad. A little bit of a cough. I'd a runny nose the first few days, that was the first sign. I've felt a little stuffed up but that's it.
"I have be careful because of my recent medical history fighting off pneumonia a couple of years ago."
According to reports, a Buckingham Palace spokesperson said the Queen last saw her eldest son after the investiture on the morning of March 12 and she “remains in good health”.
They went on to say the Queen is “following all the appropriate advice with regard to her welfare.”
Charles' doctor's most conservative estimate was that the prince was contagious on March 13, which was 24 hours after his meeting with the Queen, reports the Daily Mail.
The time from when you are exposed and then catch the virus until you then develop symptoms is known as the ‘incubation period’.
WHO states the incubation period for the coronavirus is one to 14 days, while NSW Health advises most cases typically develop symptoms five or six days after exposure.
Meaning if Prince Charles met with Prince Albert on March 10, it is plausible he would indeed be contagious by March 13, if that is where he contracted the virus.
Or course it could also just be a massive coincidence.
Prince Charles tests positive for coronavirus
Clarence House confirmed on Wednesday that Prince Charles had tested positive for COVID-19.
A spokesman said the 71-year-old is displaying mild symptoms “but otherwise remains in good health”.
The Duchess of Cornwall has also been tested but does not have the virus.
“The Prince of Wales has tested positive for Coronavirus. He has been displaying mild symptoms but otherwise remains in good health and has been working from home throughout the last few days as usual,” Clarence House said in a statement.
“In accordance with government and medical advice, the prince and the duchess are now self-isolating at home in Scotland. The tests were carried out by the NHS in Aberdeenshire where they met the criteria required for testing.”
At the time the palace also said, “It is not possible to ascertain from whom the Prince caught the virus owing to the high number of engagements he carried out in his public role during recent weeks.”
The news cames after a Buckingham Palace aide also tested positive for COVID-19.
Got a story tip or just want to get in touch? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org