Queensland's health minister says a handful of people have called a hotline set up to deal with claims of substandard care at a major hospital.
Yvette D'Ath says there's no evidence so far of any systemic problems at Caboolture Hospital, north of Brisbane.
Recent media reports have aired allegations of botched surgeries, including some that resulted in death, and issues with bullying and harassment.
Ms D'Ath responded angrily on Wednesday when the opposition asked if she could guarantee the "Caboolture Hospital surgical crisis" would not produce another Jayant Patel - the notorious Bundaberg Hospital surgeon banned from practising in Australia.
"I find it pretty appalling that those opposite are calling this a crisis ... At this point in time there is no findings of systemic failings in this system, or by any one individual," she told parliament.
"In relation to the phone line that was set up at midday yesterday - as of 7am this morning we've had three calls."
She said the number of calls did not reflect reports about "dozens" of alleged victims, and she encouraged anyone with a genuine complaint to contact the hotline to formally report their concerns.
In a statement issued on Tuesday, the Metro North Health service said patient safety was its priority and it was "confident in the safety and quality of care at Caboolture Hospital".
It said concerns could be raised via the hotline on (07) 3647 9559. Patients can also ask the health ombudsman to review their care.