Three more people who have tested positive to coronavirus in Queensland include a man and a woman recently returned from travelling in Europe.
The 22-year-old man visited Spain, Italy and France while the 46-year-old woman was in Austria and France, Queensland Health said in a statement.
The third new case involves a 42-year-old woman from the Sunshine Coast who is in a stable condition in Sunshine Coast University Hospital.
She is the partner of a 38-year-old woman who on Sunday tested positive to COVID-19 after having recently travelled from London through Dubai.
"Contact tracing is underway for these three new cases, in addition to the previously confirmed cases," Queensland Health said.
A total of 18 people in Queensland have been confirmed with COVID-19, of which eight patients have been clinically cleared and discharged from hospital.
Meanwhile, a Brisbane hospital is expecting a rush of patients at a clinic set up specifically to test patients for the coronavirus.
Mater Hospital is anticipating an increase in patients at the clinic, located in its Brisbane emergency department, after Federal Health Minister Greg Hunt said anyone with flu-like symptoms should present for testing.
An email distributed by Mater Hospital said: "We may notice an increase in presentations from the public seeking to be tested for COVID-19 after it was announced by the Federal Minister for Health that any Australians with flu-like symptoms be encouraged to be tested for COVID-19".
Queensland Health would not comment on how many 'fever' clinics it had set up, nor how long it takes to complete a coronavirus test.
QH also did not respond to how many people they had tested in the past 24 hours.
Meanwhile, Education Minister Grace Grace has banned all Queensland state school staff and students from undertaking official overseas travel, except to New Zealand.
"The decision was made with the health, safety and wellbeing of students and staff in mind," Ms Grace said in a statement.
"In consultation with the Chief Health Officer and Queensland Health, it was decided that further protective action to contain COVID-19 was needed to minimise risk to Queensland students and staff."
Ms Grace said the decision keeps Queensland in step with other state education systems.
"I recognise that this directive may cause some disruption to planned tours and I would ask that schools work with their travel agent and insurers as appropriate," she said.
Mater Hospital has been contacted for comment.