A bride suffered a honeymoon from hell when she was rushed to hospital after being stung by one of the world's most venomous fish.
Amy Thomson, 27, and Callum Thomson, 37, were on a two-week honeymoon in Mauritius when disaster struck.
During a snorkelling experience the couple were told the ground was safe, but when Thomson put her foot on the seabed she was stung by a stone fish.
The newlywed said that during the next hour she experienced "intense" pain and when they docked on shore she visited the hotel doctor.
She was then rushed to the closest hospital where she was kept in overnight.
Eight weeks later, Thomson is still searching for a cure for the pain.
The hairdresser from Lymington, Hampshire, said: "The rest of the honeymoon I was bandaged up I couldn't do anything, I was just chilling by the pool.
"What should have been an amazing honeymoon was spoilt from that point.
"Through our holiday rep, we picked a speedboat trip where they take you to all the differing snorkel stops.
Watch: Spooky Encounter With Rare Poisonous Fish
"We were towards the end of it and there was a BBQ on the beach. We were all on the beach and I was between courses and I was quite hot so I wanted to go in for a swim."I literally went to put my sea shoes on and the guy who was organising the trip said 'No, no, no, you don't need those here.' It was all sand so I listened to him and went in."
Thomson said she realised "straight away" something had happened but she thought it was coral.
Read More From Yahoo News UK:
She added: "I came straight back to the shore, when I was at the shore that is when I honestly have never had that much pain in my life.
"I looked at my foot and it had already doubled in size, it was all swollen, I looked underneath my foot and it had gone all blue and white.
"I sat down at the dinner table and I was like 'No, this isn't right'."
The couple remained on the trip for another hour to get back to the dock.
When they got back, they waited 45 minutes for a taxi and once they arrived at the hotel, the doctor said Thomson had to go to the hospital. Once there she received multiple treatments costing £1,800.
"They blue-lighted me over an hour away from the hospital and the pain lasted until eventually I was put on a drip and given morphine," she said.
"I stayed over in the hospital that night where I received anti-venom for the sting, I had fluids, morphine and later that night I had an incision down my foot where they squeezed the venom out."
The couple flew home the following week.
She said: "On the flight home my foot blew up like a balloon and I am still suffering now. I have a hospital appointment on Thursday because my toe won't stop weeping and I have been on antibiotics since I have been home.
"There is still no solution for it, I feel really down from it all because I am still suffering."