What Happened to Miya Tucker? 3 Relatives Have Been Arrested in Connection with Mysterious April Disappearance

An investigation into Miya's disappearance has led to the arrest of her parents and grandfather

<p>Kentucky State Police</p> Miya Tucker

Kentucky State Police

Miya Tucker

Kentucky authorities have arrested several family members as they investigate the disappearance of an 8-month-old girl who was last seen in April. 

Miya Tucker was declared missing by the Kentucky State Police after a welfare check in Reynolds Station, Ky., the department said in a statement on Thursday, June 6.

Authorities arrested and charged three of her family members — including her parents and her grandfather — in connection with her disappearance.

Miya’s parents Tesla Tucker, 29, and Cage Rudd, 30, were arrested and charged with drug possession and child abandonment among other offenses, the June 6 statement said. 

On Friday, June 7, police also arrested Miya’s grandfather Ricky Smith on several charges, including child abuse, child abandonment and drug trafficking, WBKO and USA Today reported. Smith is also facing charges of possession of a weapon by a convicted felon, per WBKO.

<p>Daviess County Detention Center</p> Tesla Tucker, left, and Cage Rudd

Daviess County Detention Center

Tesla Tucker, left, and Cage Rudd

Miya has not been seen “since the end of April,” the Courier Journal reported, citing an arrest affidavit. During the welfare check, her parents told police that she had been removed by child services, which turned out to be a false claim, according to authorities, per News 14 and K 105.

Authorities found drug paraphernalia, including methamphetamine, during the welfare check, further heightening previous concerns about Miya being exposed to drugs. When Miya was born in October 2023, her umbilical cord tested positive for methamphetamine, Kentucky State Police previously said, per News 14.

Authorities were in the process of removing Miya from her parents' care at the time of her disappearance, Kentucky State Trooper Corey King previously said, per News 14 and K 105.

Per News 14, King said there's "no evidence" that Miya is dead, but "we also don’t have anything to suggest she’s alive either.” Adding: “We’ve gotten little to no information from those who should know the most.”

<p>Daviess County Detention Center</p> Miya Tucker's grandfather Ricky Smith

Daviess County Detention Center

Miya Tucker's grandfather Ricky Smith

Authorities arrested three other family members as they searched for Miya, including Miya's two other grandparents Taletha D. Tucker, 50, and David Tucker, 53, but those arrests are not connected to her disappearance,

The Tuckers were in charge of raising Tesla's three other children, who were removed by child services following the arrests, per the Lexington Herald-Leader, WBKO and News 14.

Want to keep up with the latest crime coverage? Sign up for PEOPLE's free True Crime newsletter for breaking crime news, ongoing trial coverage and details of intriguing unsolved cases.

Plea and attorney information were not available in online court records for any of those arrested in connection with Miya's disappearance. Kansas State Poice did not respond to PEOPLE's requests for further information.

As of Thursday, June 13, there is no information about Miya's whereabouts. Anyone with information regarding the missing child is urged to call Kentucky State Police at 270-826-3312.

If you suspect child abuse, call the Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline at 1-800-4-A-Child or 1-800-422-4453, or go to www.childhelp.org. All calls are toll-free and confidential. The hotline is available 24/7 in more than 170 languages.

For more People news, make sure to sign up for our newsletter!

Read the original article on People.