Chilling CCTV shows London nightclub acid attack that injured Aussie sisters

Footage has been released of a London man throwing acid into a packed nightclub in a shocking attack that injured two Australian sisters.

Arthur Collins, 25, has been convicted of carrying out an acid attack in the UK nightclub which injured 22 people, including the two Sydney women, on April 17.

Sydney sisters Isobella and Prue Fraser suffered chemical burns on their arms and backs during the attack, while a 22-year-old woman and a 24-year-old man were also blinded in one eye.

CCTV shows nightclubbers covering their eyes in a shocking attack that injured two Australian sisters. Picture: Metropolitan Police

Footage from inside the night club, publicly released for the first time this week, appears to show Collins, of Broxbourne, Hertfordshire, throwing a corrosive substance inside the packed nightclub.

The video shows Collins, a former boyfriend of UK reality TV star Ferne McCann, taking a bottle of the acid from the back pocket of an unidentified man before "forcefully" throwing it at the face of a man during a dispute.

Arthur Collins, 25, has been convicted of carrying out the April attack at UK nightclub Mangle. Pictures: Metropolitan Police

The man collapses in pain as Collins sprays the acid on him twice more, with the contents splashing other partygoers on the dance floor.

Victims described to police a "chemical smell" which made them choke, The Mirror reported.

The CCTV was released today as Collins was found guilty of five counts of grievous bodily harm and nine counts of assault occasioning actual bodily harm.

Isobella and Prue were injured in a suspected acid attack in London. Photo: 7 News
The sisters were terrified that they would be the victims of a terrorist attack. Photo: 7 News

Police believe a drugs war was behind the incident, where Collins was involved in a violent gangland feud, The Mirror reported.

Collins admitted throwing the liquid over the crowd at Mangle in Dalston, east London, but claimed he thought it was a date rape drug.

The burns the girls suffered in the attack. Photo: 7 News

Jurors heard the attack was planned by Collins and co-defendant Andre Phoenix - who was found not guilty of all charges earlier today following three days of deliberation.

He was acquitted of four counts of grievous bodily harm and two of actual bodily harm.

Officers believe a dispute between two groups of people developed inside the venue, resulting in the substance being sprayed.

Collins will be sentenced on December 19.