Tournament director Craig Tiley says the Australian Open will continue as normal after Greek tennis player Michail Pervolarakis tested positive for COVID-19 following his departure from Australia.
Pervolarakis played two ATP Cup matches for Team Greece alongside world No.6 Stefanos Tsitsipas at Melbourne Park last week but didn't play in the grand slam.
It is understood the 24-year-old, ranked 463 in the world, tested negative before leaving Victoria on Tuesday, with the positive result coming after his arrival in South Africa.
Tiley is confident the Open's health security bubble has not been breached and the tournament won't be affected.
"We will continue on as normal," Tiley told Channel Nine.
"After spending a day in South Africa he tested positive and while there's a link in the fact he left here, it is going to be up to the advice of the health authorities.
"The good news for us is he tested negative and then left and there's a fair bit of travel time.
"It was a week ago we got everyone tested again, everyone tested negative.
"Obviously anyone on site that has any symptoms related to COVID is required to immediately isolate and test, we haven't had any of that."
Pervolarakis confirmed his positive test in a series of social media posts on Saturday.
"After a 24-plus hour travel day from Australia to South Africa I've been diagnosed positive to COVID-19," Pervolarakis posted.
"I am completely asymptomatic at the moment and will have to quarantine in an isolation facility in Potchefstroom.
"I am not a person that complains, but I feel that I need to express my disappointment with the conditions we are in."
He later added: "Just to clarify few things ... got tested negative in Melbourne before leaving and the nurse said that I most likely got it on the plane or on my stop in Doha."