The Red Cross has started going door to door to offer support to victims of last week's devastating bushfire in South Australia.
Specialist volunteers were in the towns of Roseworthy and Mallala on Monday and expect to visit other areas over the coming days to offer emotional support and other advice.
"Recovery from a disaster can be a long process and often we find that it is months or even years after the disaster that people really hit the wall," Red Cross state manager of emergency services Jai O'Toole said.
"That's when they've used up all their financial and emotional reserves and really hit empty."
Insurance claims from last week's blaze have hit $75 million and are expected to go significantly higher.
The Insurance Council of Australia said 525 claims had been received.
The fire killed two people as it burnt through 82,000 hectares of mainly cropping land and destroyed close to 500 houses and other buildings.
Damage in some areas was still being assessed while the final loss of stock and crops was also still to be calculated.
The Country Fire Service said some small flare-ups had occurred across the fire zone with Monday's hot and windy conditions making work difficult for fire crews still in the area.
Smoke and raised dust were a concern, reducing visibility.
The CFS also warned farmers to take care when moving stored grain, with several cases of spontaneous combustion.
"We understand the farmers are trying to save what grain they have left but they need to take care to ensure they don't cause more damage," Grain Producers SA chairman Darren Arney said.