Four teens sprung after alleged crime spree

Four teenagers have been arrested after an early morning crime spree. Picture: NCA NewsWire / Morgan Sette

Four teens have been charged after allegedly going on an early morning crime spree, targeting service stations around Adelaide.

At about 3am on Saturday, SA Police were called to a service station on Glen Osmond road in Glenunga, about 5 km from the Adelaide CBD, after four teenagers had approached the doors with their faces covered.

Staff inside immediately locked the doors to stop the teens, who then fled empty-handed.

But about 50 minutes later, police were called to a service station in nearby Glenside after reports three armed teens had threatened staff and stolen cash and cigarettes.

They were last seen getting into a blue Lexus and driving away.

At about 4.40am, police again received reports of three armed teenagers entering a service station in the northern suburb of Angle Vale and threatening staff.

Police arrested four boys, including one hiding in a backyard. Picture: NCA NewsWire / Morgan Sette

Workers at the service station refused to hand over any cash, and the teens fled empty-handed.

Just before 5.30am, three armed teens threatened staff at another service station in Croydon, but again left empty-handed.

Half an hour later, police attended a home in Ferryden Park after reports four teens had been acting suspiciously.

Patrols, along with two police dogs quickly located and arrested three teens, and a fourth was found hiding in a backyard.

The blue Lexus was also located, and police checks revealed it had been stolen sometime overnight.

A 14-year-old Ferryden Park boy and 15-year-old Andrews Farm boy are expected to be charged with aggravated robbery, carrying an offensive weapon and illegal use of a motor vehicle.

A 14-year-old Brompton boy and a 13-year-old Clovelly Park boy are expected to be charged with aggravated robbery, attempted aggravated robbery, illegal use of a motor vehicle and other charges related to a separate incident on April 16.

All four teens have been refused police bail and will face the Adelaide Youth Court on Monday.