Four dead in attack on ministry in Kabul

At least four assailants have been killed in an ongoing battle between Afghan security forces and militants who attacked the Interior Ministry building in Kabul.

The militants have not been able to penetrate the building and are fighting security forces at the entrance, a ministry official said, speaking on condition of anonymity.

The source said three suicide bombers blew themselves up, one was killed and two are still fighting.

Najib Danish, a spokesman for the ministry, spoke of at least one policeman wounded in the incident.

Danish said Wednesday's attack, launched at the gate of the facility, was ongoing.

No group has claimed responsibility for the attack so far.

In a statement last week, Taliban militants warned civilians in the Afghan capital to stay away from foreign and Afghan government facilities as they vowed more attacks.