Aussie star's foul-mouthed tirade at 'f***ing stupid idiots'

Scott McDonald unloaded in a fiery rant. Image: Twitter

At a time when stricter measures are being enforced on Australians daily, the message still doesn't seem to have sunk in for many people when it comes to fighting the COVID-19 pandemic.

Prime Minister Scott Morrison has already ramped up social distancing rules, including limiting gatherings of more than 10 people, with even tougher measures likely to follow.

‘STAY INSIDE’: Kyrgios' cheeky dig at female star's bikini pic

‘PROTECT YOUR FAMILIES’: NBA star's coronavirus heartbreak

Like other sports stars around the country whose competitions have been suspended in the wake of the crisis, McDonald is still determined to maintain his fitness regime.

The Brisbane Roar striker decided to go for an evening run in the Queensland capital and says he was appalled by what he saw.

McDonald was compelled to post a video to his Instagram page, where he goes on a foul-mouthed rant about the "stupidity" of members of the public flagrantly ignoring safe practices around social distancing.

“I went for a run tonight, probably the first time I’ve been out all day,” he said.

“Try and keep that 1.5m distance guys. It’s f***ing hard, I tell ya. Everyone just doesn’t self-isolate. And then you start to get paranoid.

“But I’m running down and I see this f***ing bus stop – excuse that language – but there’s like 16, 17 people there.

"So I say to the girl, ‘Groups of 10, yeah’. She goes, ‘Oh na, that starts tomorrow’. Like the f***ing virus starts tomorrow, you f***ing stupid idiot’.”

McDonald's rant comes amid an investigation into two of his A-League colleagues, who are accused of breaking quarantine rules and going on a late night joyride in a golf cart.

Scott McDonald celebrates a goal against Newcastle Jets. (Photo by Chris Hyde/Getty Images)

A-League players investigated over quarantine breach

Wellington Phoenix and Football Federation Australia are investigating the incident involving two of the Kiwi club's players during their A-League coronavirus quarantine in Sydney.

Wellington have confirmed Tim Payne and Oliver Sail were involved in the incident but that Payne wasn't arrested, as media reports have stated.

A short Phoenix statement also said no members of the public were involved but that there had been damage to property.

The pair were based with Wellington players and staff at a remote Sydney facility for a mandated 14-day self-isolation period as the team prepared to play out its season in Australia.

According to a News Corp report, New Zealand international defender Payne and reserve goalkeeper Sail broke the team's isolation rules by driving a golf cart in the early hours of Tuesday morning at Wakehurst Parkway on Sydney's northern beaches.

Wellington's Tim Payne is one of the players at the centre of the investigation. Pic: Getty

The pair were reportedly seen by members of the public, who alerted police.

The team are believed to have been based at the nearby Sydney Academy of Sport, where they were under strict instruction not to leave under their isolation rules.

The Phoenix team returned home to New Zealand on Tuesday after the A-League was suspended.

General manager David Dome told AAP on Tuesday that the players and staff had made the call to return home on Monday afternoon, when the New Zealand government announced the country would undergo a border lockdown this week.

FFA said in a statement the matter is being taken very seriously and if any misconduct is found to have occurred, it will take action under the code's national code of conduct.

Wellington said it will release a further statement once its own investigation was completed.

Payne, 26, has played 17 internationals for the All Whites and in January extended his Phoenix contract for a further two years.

The former Blackburn Rovers trialist has impressed at right back this season for the third-placed Phoenix in place of the injured Louis Fenton.

with AAP