SIGN UP for our newsletter ✉️ :

Get the latest stories delivered straight to you

Fire shuts street food venue in Longbridge

A street food venue in Birmingham has been forced to close after a fire.

Smoke was seen billowing from Herbert's Yard, in Longbridge, and West Midlands Fire Service said the fire was near an outdoor gazebo and involved three propane cylinders.

The blaze was extinguished within 25 minutes and nobody was injured. The venue said it was closing due to "unforeseen circumstances".

The courtyard houses up to eight food traders and a beer garden.

Firefighters from Northfield and Bournbrook stations were sent to the scene, on Austin Way, at 15:23 GMT with crews monitoring the cylinders after the fire.

Follow BBC West Midlands on Facebook, X and Instagram. Send your story ideas to: