Father of Aussie boy missing in Barcelona terror attack arrives in Spain
Hopes are fading to find seven-year-old boy Australian boy Julian Cadman missing in Barcelona as his father Andrew arrives in Spain to begin his search.
On Saturday evening local time, Australian consular officials and police rushed Mr Cadman from the airport to Barcelona's main justice and forensic centre, Ciutat de la Justicia.
The father appeared distraught as he arrived with an unnamed woman, Fairfax reported.
It is believed Mr Cadman was then taken to hospital where his seriously injured wife and Julian's mother, Jomarie or "Jom", is being treated.
The cars avoided waiting British and Australian media while the hospital has imposed a media cordon.
Sydney boy Julian became separated from his mother when a van ploughed into crowds in the city's busy Las Ramblas district on Thursday evening (local time).
The pair were in Spain to attend Mrs Cadman's niece's wedding.
Earlier on Saturday, British authorities and Spanish police denied reports the seven-year-old, who is understood to be a dual British-Australian citizen, had been located at a hospital in Barcelona.
"Neither we were searching nor we have found any lost child in the Barcelona attack. All the victims and injured have been located," Spanish police told media.
"Our thoughts are with the victims of these terrible attacks and the people of Spain," a spokeswoman for the Foreign and Commonwealth Office in London said.
"We are currently assisting a small number of British people affected and are working to find out if any more need our help. We have deployed additional staff to Barcelona and have offered support to the Spanish authorities."
Injured Sydney mum asking about her missing son after Barcelona attack
Family pleads to find 'gorgeous' missing Sydney schoolboy separated from injured mother in Barcelona
Australian caught up in Barcelona, Paris, and London attacks
Victims of Barcelona's twin terror attacks named as families across the globe torn apart
Ms Cadman, who suffered serious injuries in the terror attack, has constantly asked hospital staff about her son and has been sedated.
She has undergone surgery on her leg and will soon have an operation on her face.
Mr Cadman is understood to be British, and Julian – a student at St Bernadette's Primary in Lalor Park – may have dual citizenship by descent, according to media reports.
He was reportedly born and raised in Kent, UK, but moved to Sydney with his family three years ago. His mother is from the Philippines
DFAT said it was working in close co-operation with Spanish and UK officials but declined to comment any further.
Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull on Saturday asked Australians to pray for the boy and his family.
"I think we should all, in a our quiet moments, say a prayer for that little boy," Mr Turnbull said.
"All of us as parents know the anguish his father is going through and his whole family is going through, as they rush to seek to find him in Barcelona."
Another Sydney woman, Suria Intan, who was on the last few days of a European holiday with friends, is also in a serious condition in hospital after being injured in the attack.
Ms Intan is a Commonwealth Bank worker and is heavily involved with Hillsong church. A spokesperson told AAP its church in Barcelona is supporting her and her family.
Foreign Minister Julie Bishop said four Australians were injured in the attack including two Victorian men who have been released from hospital.
At least 100 people were injured and 14 killed in the attack claimed by Islamic State.