The family of Denishar Woods is praying for a miracle after doctors broke the devastating news that their little girl is brain dead, and will not likely ever wake up.
"I just want my baby back," devastated mother Lacey Harrison wept as she told reporters outside the hospital on Friday.
It has been six days since the 11-year-old suffered a massive electric shock when she went to turn off a garden tap at her government housing home on Saturday. It is estimated 230 volts ran through her body.
Despite doctors on Friday breaking the terrible news to her family that the little girl is brain dead, Denishar was taken off life support and is managing to breathe on her own.
It is a small progress from the devastation that should never have happened.
The child's injuries are so extensive she likely won't survive, and doctors have told the family to pray for a miracle.
- Heroic tradie smashes car window with axe to save man submerged in floodwaters
- 'Charismatic, beautiful': Matthew Leveson laid to rest more than a decade after his murder
- 'I feel empty': Father's tribute to son, 8, allegedly killed by mum
On Friday investigators were at the home, but the family is too scared to live there anymore.
The government has offered them alternative housing - and condolences.
"Our thoughts and sympathies go out to Mrs Harrison and her family, and to all those around Denishar that have been involved in this tragic incident," Housing Minister Peter Tinley told reporters on Friday.
"We will get down to the bottom of this. We will find out what happened in order to ensure other Western Australians are safe and this doe snot happen again."
Denishar is about to spend her seventh night at Princess Margaret Hospital. Her family says they have been by her bedside the entire time, and will stay there through the weekend until a decision is made about her future.
Her mother said about 200 people, including strangers, have visited the little girl in hospital to hold her hand and sing to her.
A GoFundMe crowdfunding campaign has so far raised more than $3,400 for the family.
The GoFundMe page was started by Perth businessman Ryan Veitch.
"A tragedy that never should have happened, Denishar Woods was hit by up to 240 volts of electricity in the backyard of her home in Beldon," the GoFundMe statement reads.
"Her mother, Lacey Harrison, and neighbour Mervin Brown tried to help and also suffered electric shocks.
"After hearing about this accident over the weekend, I wanted to do something to help especially being involved in the electrical industry myself," Veitch wrote on his Facebook page.
An investigation into the incident is continuing, but could take up to a year.