Family of girl electrocuted by tap raising money to bring her home


The family of the little girl who almost died after she was electrocuted by a garden tap are trying to raise money they need to bring her home.

Denishar Woods was left on life support after being shocked by 230 volts on March 3 in the Perth suburb of Beldon.

The 11-year-old was almost killed, but has since defied medical expectations and can now travel in a wheelchair.

A GoFundMe page set up in May raised just over $13,000 for the family’s medical costs, but friends said the Woods are in need of more money as it has been “eaten up”.

Friends said the Woods family are in need of more money after Denishar was electrocuted.GoFundMe/ Hope4Denishar
Denishar Woods  was left on life support after being shocked by 230 volts. Photo: 7 News

“To start, the family needs a hospital bed so Denishar can go home now,” a post on the new GoFundMe page, started on Monday, read.

“She doesn’t want to go to another hospital when PMH closes in 2 weeks. She wants to go home.

“Her family want her home. Secondly they need support to do all the organising required to get her equipment and support.

“She needs a vehicle so she can be taken out and can go with her mum to take her siblings to school.

“Once she has this Denishar will need lifelong care and support.”

Last month, Denishar opened her eyes for the first time and uttered her first word since the accident – “Mum”.

The 11-year-old was almost killed, but has since defied medical expectations. Photo: 7 News