Families of 3 Men Mysteriously Found Dead in Friend's Yard After Chiefs Game Believe 'Facts Don't Add Up'

“Nothing is adding up," Ricky Johnson’s brother tells PEOPLE

<p>Facebook (2)</p> Clayton McGeeney, David Harrington and Ricky Johnson

Facebook (2)

Clayton McGeeney, David Harrington and Ricky Johnson
  • Clayton McGeeney, Ricky Johnson and David Harrington were found dead on Jan. 9, two days after they went to friend Jordan Willis’ home to watch a Kansas City Chiefs game

  • Johnson’s brother, Jonathan Price tells PEOPLE "nothing is adding up"

  • The KCPD previously said “there were no obvious signs of foul play observed" at the scene

Family members of three men who were found dead outside of their friend’s house in Kansas City two days after a Chiefs game say the "facts don't add up" as they continue waiting for answers.

Clayton McGeeney, Ricky Johnson and David Harrington were found dead on Jan. 9, two days after they were last seen at their friend Jordan Willis’ home, where they watched a Kansas City Chiefs game that same evening.

John Picerno, who is representing Willis, previously told PEOPLE in a statement that his client was “unaware of how his friends died." Although police have said there were "no obvious signs of foul play" and that they're treating this as a "death investigation," many have questions about the mysterious deaths — including the victims' families.

“The facts don't add up,” Johnson’s brother, Jonathan Price, tells PEOPLE.

Related: Families of 3 Men Found Dead in Friend’s Backyard After Chiefs Game Speak Out: ‘Extremely Devastating’

Since news about the men's death broke, Picerno has shared a number of different — and sometimes seemingly conflicting — claims.

In a statement previously obtained by PEOPLE, the attorney claimed that the last time Willis saw the men "was when they left his house, and he went to bed." He also claimed his client was unaware that friends and family were trying to find the men "prior to being contacted by the police."

Fox affiliate WDAF subsequently reported that Picerno later told them that Willis went to sleep before the three men left and that there was a  fifth man at the house that night. Via an email to PEOPLE on Tuesday, Picerno acknowledged the report and said that individual "left maybe an hour or two before the other three," adding that "Jordan is not exactly sure of that time period."

<p>Facebook (2)</p> Clayton McGeeney, David Harrington and Ricky Johnson

Facebook (2)

Clayton McGeeney, David Harrington and Ricky Johnson

However, WDAF reported that the attorney has since told them he misspoke and that his client escorted the trio to the door before falling asleep on the couch.

The fifth individual, whom WDAF did not name, offered a different account. The person — who remains anonymous — reportedly told the outlet that Willis and the three men were awake when he left the home that evening. Andrew Talge, the individual’s attorney, told the station that Willis and the three victims were watching Jeopardy! on television when his client left the home around midnight.

Neither Picerno nor Talge has immediately responded to PEOPLE's request for comment.

Never miss a story — sign up for PEOPLE's free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from celebrity news to compelling human interest stories.

Family and friends of the victims told WDAF that they repeatedly attempted to contact Willis about his missing friends before their bodies were found. However, in a statement previously obtained by PEOPLE, Picerno claimed his client "did not receive any" texts or calls about the friends. The attorney said his client did receive a message on Facebook from a loved one, but claimed Willis didn't see it until after being contacted by police.

Loved ones also said Clayton’s fiancée went to Willis’ home on Tuesday and banged on the door until she broke in and saw one of the bodies, according to WDAF.

But Picerno said in the statement Willis did not hear anything "as he sleeps with with air buds and a loud fan."

Related: Brother Suspects 3 Friends Found Dead in Yard After Chiefs Game Had Something ‘In Their System'

In a report obtained by PEOPLE, the Kansas City Police Department confirmed that officers responded to the home after a woman went “to check for her fiancé” and found a body on the back porch.

After responding to the call and "upon further investigation, officers located two other dead bodies in the backyard," a spokesperson for the KCPD said in a statement.

The KCPD said there have not been any arrests or charges and that the resident of the home “was cooperative with detectives the day the deceased were discovered.” An investigation into the deaths is ongoing and a cause of death will be determined by the medical examiner.

Related: Woman Dies of Suspected Hypothermia at Oregon Retirement Home: 'Very Sad'

Other inconsistencies with Willis’ story have raised eyebrows as well. Speaking with NewsNation on Friday, Picerno said his client “was home sporadically” in the two days before his friends’ bodies were found.

But on Monday, he claimed Willis never left the house between Sunday’s game and Tuesday’s gruesome discovery. “What I meant to say on NewsNation is that … he was sleeping, and he left his bedroom sporadically,” the attorney said, per WDAF.

As the investigation continues, family members have spoken out, saying they believe there's more to the story.

“Nothing is adding up," Price tells PEOPLE. "But primarily Jordan’s story does not add up whatsoever."

Alan McGeeney, Clayton’s cousin, previously told KCTV the incident seemed “strange” and said the families are looking for answers.

“100% I think the situation is strange,” said McGeeney. “I’m not looking for anyone’s head or anything, but my cousin was frozen to the dirt for two days.”

Related: Body of Man Missing Since September Found in Well, Authorities Say

Price tells PEOPLE he wants his brother to be remembered for being "a great father” to his three daughters, as well as “a great friend with a huge heart that would help anybody no matter what, no questions asked."

Johnson, who was 38 when he died, ran his father's business, Johnson's Construction, out of Kansas City and was a big fan of the city's sports teams, including the Chiefs.

“He was a truly selfless person, and I want him to always be remembered as that," Price adds.

A GoFundMe campaign for Johnson's family has garnered nearly $16,000 in donations as of publication on Wednesday.

For more People news, make sure to sign up for our newsletter!

Read the original article on People.