Eat, drink, die, repeat: Man wakes up in morgue after big night out

Sam Hussey

The term “wasted” is thrown around rather loosely when it comes to drinking, but one Polish man has literally earned the label after waking up inside a morgue following a night on the booze.

According to the website Speisa, a 25-year-old man identified only as Kamil was pronounced dead after drinking too much during a night out in Poland.

After consuming mass quantities of vodka, the young man from the town of Kamienna Gora reportedly went outside and collapsed, suffering from an apparent cardiac arrest.

There's normal hangovers, then there's waking up in a morgue hangovers. Source: Shutterstock

Efforts to resuscitate him failed and subsequent attempts at the hospital were also in vain – or so they thought.

The kind-of deceased Kamil was taken to the mortuary and placed in a refrigerator, but later that day a hospital guard overheard strange noises coming from his vicinity.

Kalim consumed one too many vodkas during his big night out. Source: Getty Images

“I was sure it was a burglary, young people sometimes break into the morgue, but the sounds came from the refrigerators. With shaking hands, I opened one of the doors, and there I found a naked corpse, who asked me for a blanket,” the guard who did not want to be named told a news website.

One set of clothes and a medical checkup later, Kamil was free to go.

He immediately returned to the pub, according to the news site.