The Duke and Duchess of Sussex would reportedly accept an invitation to celebrate Christmas with King Charles.
Prince Harry, 39, and his 42-year-old wife Meghan, are said to have broken an alleged six-month silence with the monarch earlier this month when Harry called him to wish him a happy 75th birthday.
A source has now told The Times about how the couple may be prepared to come to Britain from their home in Los Angeles for the festive season – but only with “heightened” security: “I can’t imagine the Sussexes would decline an invitation to spend time with His Majesty.”
The insider added: “As of yet, there have not been any invitations for the holidays.”
It was also suggested the Sussexes, who have son Archie, four, and two-year-old daughter Lilibet, would also be willing to accept an invitation to Balmoral, in Scotland, during the summer.
The apparent thawing of the relationship between the Sussexes and Charles comes as a source told the Mail on Sunday the king wanted to “spend more time with his grandchildren”.
It is also understood by the Mail another phone call between Harry and the king is planned for the coming week.
Harry and Meghan last spent Christmas at Sandringham in 2018, and sources told The Times they would both need “heightened protection” to be able to make any UK visit happen.
Harry no longer benefits from police protection while he is in the UK, following a decision by the Home Office to withdraw his minders.
He has had a frosty relationship with the royals in the wake of the publication of his bombshell memoir ‘Spare’ and his and Meghan’s tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey after they left Britain for a new life in America.
Harry’s book contained a string of allegations about his life with the royals, including secrets about his relationship with his father and a claim his older brother Prince William, 41, brawled with him in a fight as their relationship fell apart over the younger prince’s marriage to Meghan.