DR Congo confirms third case of Ebola

·1-min read

Health authorities have confirmed a third Ebola case in the city of Mbandaka in northwest Democratic Republic of Congo, the World Health Organisation (WHO) says.

The 48-year-old man is a high-risk contact of the first patient, who died on April 21, the WHO said on Twitter on Thursday.

The current outbreak is Congo's 14th in the history of the hemorrhagic fever.

Health workers started Ebola vaccinations last week in Mbandaka, the capital of Congo's Equateur province.

Responders have identified 444 contacts of the confirmed cases and are monitoring their health, the WHO said.

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting