A woman has suffered burns in a Melbourne apartment fire that forced the evacuation of dozens of residents.
The blaze began in a 12th floor kitchen at an apartment block on Batman Street in West Melbourne shortly after 7pm on Monday, with smoke spreading to other floors before 60 people were evacuated.
One woman aged in her 20s was treated at the scene for minor burns and smoke inhalation, the Metropolitan Fire Brigade said.
- Teen just minutes from home when he was killed in horror crash
- ‘Too little, too late’? PM defends drought relief package
- Three-year-old fights for life after food poisoning on holiday
The fire has been extinguished and residents are expected to be allowed back inside their apartments later on Monday night.
— 7 News Melbourne (@7NewsMelbourne) August 6, 2018